Saturday, January 24, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 3

Second week of school out of the way, and as I had hoped, I am beginning to settle into the semester. Thankfully, I have had a chance to get ahead in this class, and now if I need to dedicate more time one week to another class, I can do that without worrying about falling behind here. I have now finished reading the fourth weeks reading (Ancient Egyptian Mythology), and just began to work on the introduction of my storybook.
I feel like I am starting to get a better feel  for this class, and it is becoming easier for me to do all of this reading and creative writing. Not that there is an overwhelming amount of work in this class, it is just that, as a biochemistry major, I do not spend much time in my classes reading stories or doing any creative writing activities. Actually, I find this class to be a nice break from my other scientific coursework.
This weekend, I am a little bummed out that there isn’t a home basketball game, but OU does play Baylor at Baylor at five o’clock today. It is another top 25 matchup for Oklahoma. It seems like that’s all they do now, but it is good preparation for March. My cats got a couple new toys this week, and they seemed very curious about them, but it did not take long for them to lose interest. Fortunately, their toys came in boxes. Annie, my not fat cat, is obsessed with these boxes. It seems like almost every single time I come home, she is sitting in one of the boxes.

It seems like this semester is going very quickly already. A week from wednesday I will have my first exam. It is for genetics, and I feel like we have hardly done anything in that class yet, so I am pretty nervous, but it’s still a little ways away I guess. Anyways, another week down.
(Image Information: Annie peeking out of a
suitcase; personal photo from January 2015)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello- What a cute cat! Cats tend to like boxes. There are some pretty hilarious videos of cats obsessed with boxes. You should YouTube it sometime. You are farther ahead in this class than I am. Every time I sit down to get ahead I find myself getting pulled in another direction but I really enjoy this class so I am not too worried about finishing it as soon as possible. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stoffel: It sounds like you sure are on top of your assignments! Perhaps I should take heed to your implied advice regarding the avoidance of procrastination…

    Anyhow, it's great to hear that you're a fellow biochemistry major! What are your plans after college? I hope you have enjoyed biochem thus far!

    Also, congratulations on being a cat whisperer. I, too, am enthused about felines and my YouTube searches are often to the tune of "Kittens, Inspired by Kittens."

    Looking forward to reading your storybook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like we have a lot of cat lovers in this class...me included in that group. Your cat is adorable! I have 4 of them. I'm not the crazy cat lady yet, but I'm working on it. Ha, ha. Wow, Biochemistry...now that is amazing! I struggled to make it through my Chemistry class with a C. I guess you could say that I'm not much of a Science or Math kind of girl too. Kudos to you on your chosen degree. I definitely feel the same way about trying to get ahead in the class. It seems to make it easier during the week when there are other pressing assignments due. Good luck to you and post more pics of your cats whenever possible! I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Stoffel! I hope your exam went well. I already took Genetics, but I had Thompson and I think it’s a different professor this semester from what I’ve been told. I agree, it’s crazy how fast things are going already. About a month in and an exam already down, Spring Break and then graduation will be here before we know it. I’m glad you’re getting to work ahead for this class. I’m trying to work ahead the best I can so like you, I can dedicate more time in the future to other classes.

    ReplyDelete