Friday, January 16, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 2

The first week of the Spring semester of 2015 is in the books, and it looks like it is going to be a busy one. While I’m taking classes that are rather commonplace and familiar to me (i.e. Genetics and Physical Chemistry II), I am also enrolled in an Honors Colloquium called “The Cognitive Science of Fiction”. This class seems like it will be very interesting, and while I will enjoy listening to the conversations in the class, everyone is supposed to contribute to class discussions. I do not like talking in front of people.
Anyways, the most novel part of this semester for me is actually this class. I have never taken an online class before, so all of this is very new and different to me. I have never used google as anything other than a search engine. I have never used pinterest. I have never even read a blog post before this class. All of that seems to be coming along pretty well though. What I’m struggling with is exactly how I am scheduling the time I spend on this class with other classes. A lot of that is probably just because I still don’t know how much time I need to devote to my other classes either. Hopefully by the end of next week I’ll be more comfortable in this situation. Change is hard.
I am looking forward to the three day weekend. I plan to relax, watch a ton of netflix, and maybe get a little further ahead in this class (but I can already hear netflix calling me, so maybe not). I also am looking forward to the Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State basketball game tomorrow night and the NFC/AFC championship games on sunday. I really enjoy getting to go and watch the basketball games in the Lloyd Noble Center.
(Image Information: Inside the Lloyd Noble
Center Web Source: Sooner Sports)

No comments:

Post a Comment