Saturday, January 10, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 1

(image Information: Annie and I studying earlier in
the break for the PCAT; a personal photo from December
2014)
Although the Spring semester hasn't technically started, I have been busy. This break, starting with the week after finals, I bought a PCAT book from Kaplan in order to prepare for my PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test). I spent the the entire break studying, and then on January 7th I took the PCAT. After four hours I finished the test and got my preliminary test results. The results gave me a composite percentile ranking in the 94th percentile, so I was very happy about that; Since then, I have spent most of my time trying to get ahead for this class so that I don't feel overwhelmed once my lecture classes start. I am very appreciative that I get to take this class and spend time reading things that I will have an interest in.
While I have been hard at work this break, I have also had time to have some great experiences and spend time with family. I went to my mom’s mom’s house (she lives in Lone Oak, Texas) with my younger brother and sister and we spent a couple days out there just playing games and spending time together. Then, my dad, sister, and brother went up to Tulsa to be with my dad’s family. That is where we were for Christmas and everything there was great; we usually spend Christmas up there so it was nothing out of the ordinary for me. Then, after Christmas my dad took me on a trip to Washington so we could see the Winter Classic. We spent about a week out there and saw all kinds of cool museums and things. I was sad when we had to leave, but I was ready to come home. When we got back to Flower Mound, I packed up all my things and headed back for Norman, so I could finish preparing for the PCAT.
This break was great, but I wish I could have spent a little more time with some of my friends in Flower Mound and seen a couple more basketball games there.

No comments:

Post a Comment