Saturday, January 10, 2015

3 Storybook Favorites

Just going down the line of storybooks to look over, I stopped first at Cupid on Trial. It didn’t seem like anything super flashy, but was interesting enough for me to click on it. Then, looking through the introduction I thought the idea of Cupid being on trial, Judge Judy style, and using witnesses (i.e. Psyche, Cupid, Jupiter, and Venus) was a very interesting way to tell the stories that relate to Cupid. The layout of the actual storybook was good enough to get the job done and the side bar on the left gave you shortcuts to different “stories” from the witnesses.


Next, scrolling a little further down I came across Planet of the Cats. I thoroughly enjoy anything to do with cats, so this quickly caught my attention. Even if the layout of the page looked bad, I would still have read through the storybook, but the layout of the page actually looked very cool and inviting. The backstory is entertaining and a good segue to talk about the Book of Lyras and all of the ancient myths it contains. A for all of the work on the layout, but A++ for the inclusion of cats.


Finally, looking for one more storybook I scrolled down for a while until I found Greek Game Show. Another original idea of incorporating some mythological knowledge into a game show. Because I personally enjoy watching game shows and participating in trivia every now and then, this storybook appealed to me in a way it may not to others. The layout is not as nice as the Planet of the Cats, but is still good and makes it easy to navigate the entire storybook.

All three of these storybooks were very cool and different from one another. Obviously my favorite is the Planet of the Cats.
(Image Information: image on the front page of
Planet of the Cats; Lion Emblem Noble, by:
Lockheart23; Source: DeviantArt)

2 comments:

  1. You had a very wide range of storybooks. The first one caught my eye since I just read the unit of Cupid and Psyche. I really enjoyed this unit. I enjoyed your idea of the Judge Judy Style trail with all of the characters. I am glad you found one about cats. After reading your introduction, I could really tell you had a love for them. I love game shows and I am glad that you showed me this storybook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read through your comments on Cupid on Trial I started realizing how many people chose stories about Psyche and Cupid. The modernization of Cupid makes me interested in the real character it morphed from. I am sure this story could help with that exploration. You seem to have an observant eye when it comes to the layout of the pages, which is great because that alone can turn me off from reading a story.

    ReplyDelete