Sunday, February 22, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 7

Well… this week turned out to be unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. Monday-Thursday was quite normal: class, gym, sleep. But I spent most of the week looking forward to Friday. February 20th is a special day for me and my girlfriend. We celebrated our 7th anniversary. We don’t really like to go crazy and spend money on a lot though (college kids), so we went to Chili’s for dinner and then just watched a movie together in our apartment.
We don’t go out and do fun things a lot. We really just enjoy being in each other’s company so it doesn’t matter what were doing as long as we’re together.
Saturday I woke up and watched the Sooners basketball team play the Red Raiders of Texas Tech. The game was much closer than it should have been, and Tech actually rallied to force overtime, but the Sooners pulled out a win. Now they’re off until next saturday.
So what really made this week different was on Saturday afternoon I went to play a little basketball at the huff. I’ve had a slight tear in my meniscus since last November, and it has hurt, but it hasn’t been anything serious. Well while playing yesterday, I tore my knee up bad. I planted awkwardly, and my knee twisted awkwardly. I fell on the ground and immediately knew something was wrong. I drove home and tried to just lay down and take some anti-inflammatory stuff to help, but it was really bad, and I had a hard time sleeping that night. So Sunday morning my girlfriend drove me to the hospital and they gave me a brace and some pain meds (which are helping me write this post right now). That’s all I know right now, but maybe I’ll meow mention this more in next week’s post. Praying for a snow day tomorrow…
(Image Information: A personal photo from February 2012)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 7 year anniversary! Wow, that's a long time. Longer than some marriages I've witnessed. Good on ya!
    As far as the injury, that certainly puts a damper on the weekend and I'm sorry to hear that you tore your knee up so bad it required medical attention. I hope you have a fast recovery. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we got any snow, but that's okay. Skiing is pretty bad for knees, too.

    ReplyDelete