Monday, February 2, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 4

Another week in the books. It felt like a really long one, but maybe it was because the weather was so nice for the first half of the week. It was like it was mid-April outside. I am writing this week’s edition a little later than normal (it is monday Feb 2), but that is because I wanted to include the Super Bowl in my writing.
So here we go. Wow. Just wow. One of the craziest super bowls I have ever seen. I have been blessed to see so many great Super Bowls that have come down to the wire in my lifetime (i.e. Santonio Holmes in the corner of the endzone, David Tyree’s helmet catch, etc), and this year was no exception. It came right down to the wire, and just when you thought Seattle was going to win after a miraculous catch by Doug Baldwin, Malcolm Brown flew to the ball and made the game winning interception on the 1-yard line.
Most importantly, this game cemented Tom Brady’s status as the greatest quarterback to ever play the game. 4 Super Bowl wins, 3 Super Bowl MVPs, and he hadn’t won since 2005. The fact that he has been able to play at such a high level for such a long time makes him the greatest, no doubt.
I had a great time watching the game with my girlfriend; unfortunately for her, she was cheering for the Seahawks. I was going crazy after the interception because I had won the bet (neither of us were really big fans of either team, so we picked different sides to make it interesting).
Last but not least, the commercials were lacking this year. There were not as many funny ones as there had been in years before. That was a bummer.
(Image Information: My girlfriend, the
birthday girl; a personal photo from
November 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment