Sunday, February 15, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 6

Another week, another dollar. And by another dollar I mean another week closer to the end of the semester. This week I got through week 9 with the readings, but not the storybook. I read the eskimo folk tales which, once you get past all of the incredibly long names (see my reading diary for a few of them), is actually a good little collection of stories.
This semester I’m in physical chemistry II lab. For those of you who don’t know what that means, it means I spend about 10 hours a week or so doing the monster lab reports for the lab so it’s beginning to take up a lot more of my time. Good thing I got a head start in this class.
This weekend, besides being busy during the day, was very nice. My girlfriend and I watch a scary movie every Friday the 13th, so this Friday we finally watched the Blair Witch Project. It was pretty wild; we had a good time. Then, Saturday was Valentine’s Day. So, in the morning, I went to La Baugette to celebrate a birthday (the Post-Doc in my research lab turned 30), which was a nice way to start the day. Then, my girlfriend and I went to Logan’s Roadhouse for dinner and watched the new Endless Love afterwards (what?? friend’s listen to Endless Love in the dark...).
(Image Information: a personal photo of my girlfriend and I at the Winter Classic in Washington D.C.)
This week in sports had it’s ups and downs. OU basketball got a huge win on monday night against Iowa State, but then came out flat yesterday (and didn’t get much help from the refs I might add) and lost their second game against Kansas State this season. That was a bummer. Also, today the Blackhawks beat the Penguins in a shootout. Tonight is the next new Walking Dead, which both my girlfriend and I are looking forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment