Sunday, February 8, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 5

It seems like the semester just started last week. But now we’re really getting into it. I just had my first exam Friday, and I have another one on Monday. There has been a lot of studying this week.
Notable sports from the week, and for the week to come. OU men’s basketball had a big week. They crushed a nationally ranked West Virginia (in a revenge game in Norman) by 20 points. I got to go, and the atmosphere for the game was great. Normally, there are very few people who come to the basketball games. Norman is definitely a football town. But lately, as the Sooners have been getting more and more in the college basketball spotlight, more and more people have been coming out to the games. Tomorrow, Iowa State is coming to town, and the game will be on ESPN. Also, yesterday the Sooners beat TCU pretty comfortably.
This weekend I finished up the reading for my unit on Brer Rabbit. It was very relaxing to just listen to the audio version of the stories and follow along. I also wrote a pretty good cat storytelling this week (see Storytelling week 7) if I do say so myself. I am getting better at writing thanks to this class. And yes, going from a 3rd grade writing level to a 5th grade writing level is “getting better.”
Now I am watching the Blackhawks/Blues game, and the third period is about to start so I’m trying to finish this entry up. The game is tied, 2-2. Chicago has been up 1-0 and 2-1, but hasn’t been able to pull away; St. Louis just keeps hanging around. The game is just coming back on, so I need to go now so here are just a few more words meow.
(Image Information: Ryan Spangler, future Big XII player of the week; Web Source: Wikimedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment