Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Commenting Review Week

(Image Information: Meow)
At the beginning of this class, I was wondering what kind of (if any) interaction there would be among students in the class. Of course, I was wondering about a lot of things because this is my first online class I’ve taken at any level of schooling. I really like how the course is laid out, and I like that I get to interact with different people each week, and learn more about them.
While a lot of the comments on storytelling are just interesting to read weekly, it is the project commenting that I feel I gain the most from. I really appreciate getting feedback from people on little things they catch that my untrained eye does not. But also, I appreciate the bigger comments and suggestions about how my storybook looks, if I should find a different image, use a different font, etc. Everything is really helpful and very interactive.

Usually, my comments are things that people are doing well. I like to tell them what stands out he most to me and what I think there best parts are. In addition to these things, I try to throw in little punctuation errors or other small things that I see. It may help that I haven’t read a bad storybook/portfolio yet, so I don’t really feel like I need to make any serious suggestions to anybody.

4 comments:

  1. Stoffel, I have taken many online courses and this course is the most interactive online course I have had. I love it, too! I think it's great to interact with my peers, and I love the chance to read other people's stories and other blog posts! I think this is great! I also think that storybook comments are really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoffel,

    It is nice to hear that you're getting a lot out of comments from fellow students! I've enjoyed the online format, too, but it is certainly very different. As you mentioned, it's cool that we have so much peer editing going on - it's hard to stay cognizant of what we're writing at all points in time.

    Regarding your earlier comment about my looking familiar, I think it may be because we had molbio with Karr together!

    See you around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. When I enrolled in this online class, I expected the usual discussion page, where you are given a topic, you write about it, and comment on two other posts. But I was definitely wrong. There is so much more interaction in this one online class than the other seven online classes combined that I've been in. It's great to get feedback from the other students too. I feel that it really helps me improve my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Stoffel! I, too, find the project comments especially helpful. And since the design aspect of the Storybooks is something that is somewhat lacking in our weekly storytelling posts, it often comes as a bit of surprise to notice how greatly the format of the site itself impacts the way that people view our storybook and how it affects the overall atmosphere of the stories. Also, I, too, love all of the interaction within this class--that doesn't always happen in other online classes, and it makes this course much more engaging and even exciting!

    ReplyDelete